Ko Banchha Crorepati
Ko Banchha Crorepati (Who Wants to be a Millionaire; also simply known as KBC Nepal, Nepali: को बन्छ करोडपति)) is a Nepali television show television game show based on the British program Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.
The show premiered on 2 February 2019 on AP1 Television and will run for 52 episodes. It is hosted by Rajesh Hamal and produced by SRBN Media Pvt. Ltd.Contestants can win large cash prize up to 1 crore (10 million) Nepali rupees.
Broadcast Days: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Broadcast Timing: 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Rajesh Hamal, considered a national icon and prominent media figure, is an actor, activist, producer and director. The “Maha Nayak” of Nepali film industry has been actively delivering for almost three decades. His natural craze among the film audience has propelled him ahead of his time right from the start of his career in 1991. Since then, he has appeared in over 300 national and international films.
The show is directed by Aman Pratap Adhikari. In production, director of photography is Shivaram Shrestha
Similar to the original airing in Great Britain, members of the public completed a qualification quiz which opened at the start of each season at various times in the year (also known as "registration period"). Would-be contestants would sent a premium-rate SMS to a designated number and answer a question by responding. Contestants would complete a series of interviews before being randomly selected from a pool of other hopeful contestants and appearing on the stage in Fastest Finger First. In order to be eligible, contestants must be residents and citizens of Nepal and at least 18 years of age.
Format of ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ show:
- Prize amount will be upto Rs. 1 crore per episode
2. There will be a total of 15 questions. And, if a person manages to give correct answers to all the questions, he/she will win the jackpot prize money: 1 crore rupees.
3. If a contestant can’t win 1 crore, there are two other milestones: Rs.10,000 and Rs. 320,000. If the contestant crosses any of these milestones, he/she can walk away from the game with the milestone amount they crossed. Or, even if the participant decides to quit at any questions level, they can walk away with the amount in which they quit.
4. There are three lifelines to assist the whole process: 50:50, phone a friend, and audience poll.
5. You need not worry even if you can’t make it to the program. At the end of every episode, the host will ask a question and give you four options for the correct answer. You will get a chance to win Rs. 1 lakh cash prize by sending correct answer through SMS.
6. The first season of ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ will run for 52 episodes.
How to participate in Ko Banchha Crorepati?
Registration for the much-awaited quiz show has already begun. To get a chance to be on the ‘hot seat’ of Ko Banchha Crorepati, all that you need to do is: send an SMS to 31031 in the following format:
KBC Age Gender(M/F/O)
If you are 30 years old male, type KBC 30 M and send it to 31031
(Note: The registration is ongoing for episodes 7th to 12th.)
The basic set design used in Ko Banchha Crorepati was conceived by Millionaire franchise. The floor is made of Plexiglas beneath which lies a huge dish covered in mirror paper. The main game typically has the contestant and host sit in "Hot Seats", which are slightly-modified. Arco All chairs situated in the centre of the stage; a computer monitor directly facing each seat displays questions and other pertinent information.
The lighting system is programmed to darken the set as the contestant progresses further into the game. There are also spotlights situated at the bottom of the set area that zoom down on the contestant when they answer a major question; to increase the visibility of the light beams emitted by such spotlights, oil is vaporised, creating a haze effect.